Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A New Motivation.

So, I'm back...
After months away from the computer I hadn't been compelled to write anything. My time away from writing wasn't full of vacations in Aspen, or time in the Hamptons. I have no excuse for not writing, and it took a very good friend of mine, to help me realize that the biggest injustice that I could do is to stop writing.

Writing helps me think. Writing helps me breathe. Writing helps me live.
I have so much to tell the world, and the worst thing to do is to stop talking. I apologize for shutting off, and not talking. I apologize, because there's so much more to be said.

I'm writing with a new motivation. I believe that's where my problem laid the first time I went on this adventure. I drew too much upon writing about my job, and not about my observations about the world. I only knew how to write about work, so when the job got bad, I had shut myself off from writing. Yes, I'll still be writing about my crappy job, but I'm going to be talking about so much more.

Starting today, I'm challenging myself to write for the next three-hundred and sixty-five days. It may be one line, or a recipe. It doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is that words are leaving my fingertips. It'll be a tall order to write for the next calendar year, but I'm going to fight. I'm going to write.

The world is a beautifully messy place, and there so much more to be said.

No comments:

Post a Comment