Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day Sixteen.-Bitches in training


Today kicked my ass. I had a six-top consisting of three mothers and three daughters. I knew they would be a problem the second they sat down. The daughters barely ten years old, all had their own Iphones and highlights in their hair. I greeted the table and the women were instantly annoyed.

Me: "Hey ladies, welcome to,-"

Ladies (Cutting me off): Um, we need to move. We want to sit in that booth instead."

The ladies pointed a manicured finger in the direction of an empty booth (one that was going to be used later for a large party). I regretfully informed them of this fact, and they weren't happy.

Ladies: "We want to see a manager". They said with a flip of perfectly coiffed hair.

My manager managed to smooth things over, and the ladies were moved to a different booth. I was over the moon that I didn't have to wait on the bitches. In the midst of my celebration, my manager shot my night to hell, informing me that I'd still have to wait on the table (outside of my section).

They had the most modified order, with dressings and condiments to the side. (No lettuce, add pickles, extra ranch, etc etc). This is when they threw me a curve ball. They ordered a kids chicken tender plate and instead of the vegetable they wanted to substitute pasta (A gigantic corporate no-no). My manager explained to the ladies that we're not allowed to do that, and it would only happen once. They thanked him, and their food came out. At this point they went back to being the horrible bitches I'd encountered the majority of the evening, sending me around for everything. (Extra ranch, extra napkins, to-go boxes). The women cast ungrateful glances in my direction, looking at me like I was scum.

At the end of the meal, they asked me the deadliest question.

Ladies: Do you do anything for birthdays?

I cringed and told them that we don't offer free deserts, but we'd gladly sing a birthday song. At this point they waved we away with their polished fingernails.

They refused to look at me or talk to me. I split their checks and they went on their way.

In the end I received $2 on a $27 tab. $1.38 on a $30 tab. And $2 on a $30 tab.

Thanks ladies. Also, your botox is disgustingly obvious and your daughters are growing up to be whores.


Have a good night, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment