Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day Five.-The waiting game

Recently, I had a discussion with a fried of mine who isn't a member if the service industry. We were discussing the public's perception of servers and bartenders. Eventually, our discussion landed on the movie Waiting.

For those who haven't seen it, I won't ruin the ending, but I'm here to say that the movie isn't entirely accurate.

While there are many truths to the movie (relationships between coworkers), but the movie fibs on several occasions.

For instance, in many corporately run establishments, food is never tampered with. If caught, an employee is instantly terminated.

While comical, the movie glosses over the truth. Servers don't take the movie to heart and neither should the public.

Although, if you are mean to me, I won't use lemon tongs for your water. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment