Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day Thirty-Six: Random Writings

The sweet smoke filled my nose, compelling me to continue. It had to highly illegal, or at least moderately frowned up in some states, but frankly, I didn't give a damn. Breathing in deeply, I let the whisps of smoke fill my lungs, and let the music of the nearby jukebox wash over me. The soft crooning of love and loss, pulled at my hazy thoughts, but I pushed them away. Taking another shot of liquid courage, the man took my hand and pulled me off the rickety bar stool. The whiskey burned at my throat, and I hated the way he looked at me. Leading me back to the alley behind the bar, I was fully aware of his intentions. The pistol fastened at my thigh was itching to come out and play. I was fully aware of his intentions, but by the end of the night, he would have to be the one to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment