Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day Forty-Feminism and Reclaiming of the Workplace


I know I have visited this topic before, but I feel that more needs to be said.
_____________________

No one has the right to call women in the workplace derogatory and demeaning names. Don't call me sweetie, sugar-tits, sugar-ass, or sweetheart. Women in the workplace have just a right to be there as the men. We can perform (if not better) than the men. When I'm called a demeaning name in the restaurant industry my skin absolutely crawls. It's disgusting and downright insulting.

Women needs to take action in reclaiming the workplace. Men assume that we're complacent taking their demeaning comments. We need to show management that we're not satisfied being a basic grunt worker. We need to take steps to be leaders and change how the workplace is run. Women need to stand up and fight the men who view us a pieces of meat on display. We need to challenge social standards and fight.

I am a daughter, a friend, a writer, a co-worker, a college student but above all, I'm a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment