Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Overheard At The Table...

Yesterday, I had dropped off the check for a young couple. They were polite, quiet, and nice throughout the meal. I went to pick up the check and run their credit card, when I heard something odd.

Right as I walked by the young man told his perky blonde girlfriend that, "Well, you can blow me".

It took them a slow second to realize that I was standing at their table. The girlfriend proceeded to bust out in laughter, while her significant other began turning a vivid shade of crimson.

He attempted to akwardly mumble, "Not you. I meant her". Pointing to his girlfriend, as her laughter became louder, filling the restaurant. I processed their bill, and they went on their way (leaving me a large tip to make up for his table conversation).

1 comment:

  1. Now I don't feel quite so bad - our family has always been the type to fall into those long, ominous silences whenever the server comes past our table, and I'm always so certain that our waiters and waitresses think we're quietly judging them (we aren't, I swear). But if the alternative is awkward sexual propositions, I'll take an awkward silence any day of the week!

    ReplyDelete