Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Future Face of Book Stores

So, the face of book stores are changing. As a company that couldn't adapt to the digital books, Borders has filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.

Retailers like Amazon, and Indie book stores are thriving. Maybe this is a change in the times. Have books become moot and pointless. In many respects, I believe that the classics are being replaced with video games and technology. Not to bash technology, I believe our society is relying more upon technology. And companies who can't keep up are left in the dust.


More information on the demise of Borders Group can be found below.
http://tinyurl.com/45g3bju

1 comment:

  1. I work for Borders and I just helped shut down one store, and I learned today that we're gonna shut down one of our big locations. It sucks, but I think there will always be people who prefer physical books over digitized, myself included. The e-readers are drastically changing everything.

    ReplyDelete